Denver, CO or Fort Collins, CO
$50,000 – $65,000
Creativity, collaboration, and integrity: these are core elements of working at Flow DC. Our team is innovative and mission-driven, with a sense of purpose and joy that makes our work both satisfying and fun. We believe all the best things come from open discussion and sharing ideas. Everyone on our team has a true stake in our projects and a voice in how we continue to grow our studio.
Flow Design Collaborative is growing our team of creative thinkers, problem-solvers, and storytellers. and we are looking to add a landscape designer with 0-3 years of experience. We are interested in passionate, self-motivated individuals who are excited about an opportunity to play a key role in a small firm setting. Flow Design Collaborative took root in 2017 with a mission to affect positive social and environmental change through creative design. Our firm size and project diversity, coupled with a culture of collaboration and positive support, provides an excellent opportunity to explore your interests and expand your knowledge base while playing an integral role in establishing Flow Design Collaborative as leaders in the landscape architecture field.
Our ideal candidate is highly creative, energetic and knowledgeable about the latest design trends and technologies. This position will be responsible for providing project support and thoughtful input throughout the design and construction process for a broad range of site planning and design projects. You can expect that each day will look different from the previous, constantly providing new challenges and opportunities. Your work will include preparation or assistance with preparing design concepts and graphic presentations, exploring innovative construction techniques, developing construction document packages, project estimating, and participating in client and design team meetings. We are committed to supporting your interests and passions as an individual and as a professional, as you look to improve your abilities to support our team and clients.
- Provide support and prepare landscape architectural graphics, construction drawings, and documentation through all phases of a project
- Work with team leaders to understand, analyze, and provide technical design solutions for complex design problems
- Perform project research and consult with product manufacturers
- Collaborate with project sub-consultants and participate in project and client coordination meetings
- Support project construction observation and administration
- Participate in internal professional development and team building opportunities
Required Experience & Skills
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in landscape architecture OR similarly related degree and professional experience
- 0-3 years working as a landscape designer or related field
- Computer software proficiency to include Autocad, Adobe Suite and MS Office
- Creative design and graphic abilities
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking
- Strong organizational and effective written and verbal communication
- Eager to learn and develop professionally
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Familiarity with SketchUp, Lumion, Revit or other related software platforms
Flow Design Collaborative will provide an enjoyable environment with challenging assignments and excellent opportunities to grow. We offer excellent benefits including a competitive salary, paid holidays, paid time-off (PTO), and financial support for retirement savings, health and wellness, continued education, and professional licensure.
Flow Design Collaborative is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to providing a safe, inclusive, and welcoming environment.
We greatly appreciate your interest in Flow Design Collaborative. If you are interested in learning more about this position, please send your inquiry with the subject heading “Landscape Designer” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a resume and portfolio or work samples, along with a cover letter letting us know why this is the ideal opportunity for you.